EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Starter will not kick in
, is there a fuse starter
,

Customer Question

Customer: starter will not kick in
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: is there a fuse for the starter
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. What kind of vehicle and engine are you having a problem with? And exactly what is the problem you are having with the starter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ford 2002 e350 turn swich on and it just clicks will not engage engine battery is full....
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that you need a starter. But if you have a test light, you can check to see if there is power on the big wire of the starter. Then check for power on the small wire at the starter when the key is in the START position.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

also related fuses for the starter are fuse 23 (60amp) in the fuse box under the hood. And in the interior fuse panel check fuse 34 (10amp).

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my response. Have you made progress with checking for power to your starter? Please respond to let me know if you need more help and to rate my service. Thank you.