Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

Greetings. I was just doing research on the rear, sliding

Customer Question

Greetings. I was just doing research on the rear, sliding window. Mine won't close for the last 1/4 inch, nor will it open fully. I could be wrong but it seems to be something with the cables becoming limited in their 'open-pull' range, hence, I'm looking to see if there's somehow I can check the stop tabs, if that's what they are.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

This may be an issue in the transition blocks or with the cable itself. I need to know if this is a regular cab, supercab or supercrew

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eric, greetings and thanks for the quick response. My truck is a Supercrew. I'll add that when this problem first appeared, the window would close to about 1/8th of an inch and, since, the gap grows a bit to where it's now about 1/4 of an inch. My, un-educated guess is like the 'stays' on the cable (is that what you're calling transition blocks?) may have moved but, again, this is just my guess. All tracks are clear and lubed so that shouldn't be the problem. Cheers. Romas
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

They hold the cable in place and align it, if they have slipped from the blocks, this will cause it to not shut or open all the way. And it is a pain to get to. You have to lower the headliner and removed all the trim. And you have to be very, very careful that the cable doesnt unspool or you have to replace the regulator and motor. See attached diagrams and directions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eric, greetings again and thanks for the response and diagrams. And, "groan", it doesn't sound easy. I've got company coming tomorrow, for the weekend and I'll attack this next week. Dam.
Eric, sorry but, what is the "headliner"? The back portion of the seating assembly?Thanks.
Romas
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

It truly is a pain. The headliner is that piece on the inside on the roof(see attached)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eric, sheesh. I've just looked at the headliner diagram (thanks for it).
Forgive me but, it's akin to having your tonsils removed via your ass.
I have guest coming today and staying the wknd so I won't have a chance to tackle this until next week whereupon I might have some related questions. In the meantime, thanks much. Romas
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Yep, that it is. Lovely Ford engineers at work... No problem and will be here whenever you can get to it.