Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My 96 F350 7.3 just started with the ABS light flashing 15

Customer Question

My 96 F350 7.3 just started with the ABS light flashing 15 short 1 long and locking the shift lever. Looking for what that means
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Can you do the test below and get me the flash codes, there is not a code 15 for me to look up.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/ABStest.png

So far I believe the brake switch on the brake pedal is possibly faulty.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That request 4 hours ago was something I could do. Now I have to wait until morning. If you re-read my email, I have 15 short and 1 long. It appears as though from the link you sent me that is a code 16. Am I mistaken? If that is correct, why would that be coming up at all? No event would have caused that. Does it just need to be reset somehow? I am really upset that this took so long to get what should have been a rookie answer --

Sorry I have no control over the techs online before me and what they are willing to help on. I just log on and help as many as I can in order top to bottom. Lets wait till you have a chance to recheck prior to jumping into what is wrong and what to do.

Sorry you were not pleased with my help.