AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My 2001 ford ranger with the small eng will start right now

Customer Question

My 2001 ford ranger with the small eng will start right now but if I drive it someplace and it sits for 10 min it won't start until I let it sit for a half hour. Then it starts right up.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. The most common cause of this no start condition (happening intermittantly) is a bad fuel pump or a bad crankshaft position sensor. I would check for spark and fuel when this no start condition occurs to be sure you replace the correct part.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Did you have any further questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks i'll give it a try.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good. I hope this helps! Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "excellent service" so I get credit for the time and knowledge that I have shared with you in a timely manner.

Best Regards

Amedee

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

You should see the rating system towards the bottom of the page

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you need further assistance. Please let me know.

Amedee

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Amedee