Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I hav a 2005 ford E350 super duty 5.4lt i just stall new

Customer Question

hi there, i hav a 2005 ford E350 super duty 5.4lt i just stall new transmisin it drives normal but theres something wrong when i make it for like 4 second then i shift to "R" it feel hard shift like the engine is in high RPM and the engine is in 600 RPM
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Can you go into more detail on these comments "when i make it for like 4 second then i shift to "R" it feel hard shift like the engine is in high RPM and the engine is in 600 RPM?"

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i mean when i drivin the truck make stop for 4 secons and shift to "R" the transmision it does no shift properly for exanple if the engine is in 1000 RPM in parkin and then set to "R" or "D" the transmision is gonna shift hard

Okay so its a harsh engagement into drive and reverse because the idle speed is to high, is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just acept the call request ,, if i dont answer leav a text msg,,

Did someone call you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no one call me yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but now the truck it doesnt make the problem anymore,,, i hav a another problem with a 2000 ford E350 7.3lt turbo diesel

I do not do phone diag, since no one called apparently no one else wants to help on this concern over the phone. Which vehicle do you want me to help on, we must pick one and stay on that one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the 2000 ford E350 7.3lt turbo diesel there s something wrong with the engine ,, engine at idle it run normal but once i got for a ride drivin 40 MPH after 3 milles drivin engine start loosin the power but the smoke looks clear,,, it feel like wen the engine is runnin out fuel.. i park the truck i shut off the engine waith for 5 or 10 mins then start the engine it runs normal,,,,, what i hav done is new fuel filter and clean the fuel filter housin

So after the restart you have no more issues?

You mentioned smoke but you also mentioned it being clear, it has to be a color to be able to see it, what color does it look like black or blue or white?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont see smoke comin from the tail pipe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no till i start drivin 3 milles happen again

Thanks, ***** ***** had it scanned for codes?

I believe you may want to monitor the fuel pressure. I believe the fuel pickup in the tank is clogged with gunk and as you drive the fuel inlet gets restricted till you shut it off and the debris fall off of the pickup.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no code present

Thanks, ***** ***** know the results of monitoring the fuel pressure. If you need steps to remove the fuel tank, let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fuel pressure goes in the fuel tank

The fuel comes from the fuel tank and goes to the pump then filter, you check the pressure at the filter housing.

Hello again, I am sorry you were not pleased with my help.

I hate that you paid to get an answer but left, what appears to me, not satisfied.

Just so you know I am still here and available to help any day. We can start over fresh or just pick up where we left off.

Chris