AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

2002 Ford windstar wont get out of park the 15 amp fuse is

Customer Question

2002 Ford windstar wont get out of park the 15 amp fuse is good for the brakes and I jumped the brake switch and still no go
The brake lights reverse and blinkers don't work in the back is there a relay or something like that
Category: Ford
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

in the interior fuse block, are there ANY blown fuses at all? Check fuse 11

When you are able to, check that out and let me know what you find and we will go from there. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of the fuses are bad I checked them all

How does the wiring to the brake switch look?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took out the brake switch and jumped the wires and still nothing

I saw that, but is the wiring to the switch in good shape? no damage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks good I'm wondering is that the basic stuff to do and am I looking for possibly a bad wire with will take a month to find

well, the problem sounds to me like the rear electronic module. Do you have a DVOM?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's a dvom if that's the manual then no

digital volt ohm meter

If you have a volt meter I can provide you with some instruction to test the circuits to help determine if that's the problem, which most likely is, based on your description of what's happening. One can usually be gotten from ebay or a junk yard

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you could just give me instruction how to test it and replace it would be appreciated

I am going to have to opt out so another expert can provide you with a way to test the module. I don't want you misled and I am not totally confident with this one.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

The previous tech has opted out.

Would you like me to help you?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We figured the problem is the rear control module in 2002
Ford windstar in need to know where it's located how to test it and how to replace it

I can definitely give you the location and replacement procedure, however when trying to dig up diagnostic information on it, the information I am getting from alldata is limited. It involves using a bi directional scan tool to attempt communication with the module though. I will provide the replacement procedure for it. One minute. Sorry for the wait.

Here you go. Again, if you really want to try and test it, other than using a scan tool capable of communicating with it, I am unsure of another way.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oczt6b5cp5i7cp5/rem.pdf?dl=0