EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

A. Penland, I have been test driving 2013 and 2014 Ford

Customer Question

A. Penland , I have been test driving 2013 and 2014 Ford Taurus SHO's ( 2014 VIN:1FAHP2KT2EG101742 AWD (20" inch rims) and felt/noticed vibrations in the interior (Seats and center console) at high way speeds (65-75 mph) and while braking. Any ideas on why this is happening. Thanks, Jim
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. The highway speed vibration indicates that the tires balance needs to be checked. And if you feel a vibration or steering wheel shake when braking, then the vehicles brake rotors need to be cut.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Neither of those things are a big job, and are some of the most common concerns with used vehicles.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eric, Why would vibrations be in seating?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
19 October 2015 08:59Eric, Why would vibrations be in seating?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

If the rear tires are out of balance it is usually felt in the seat. But there the possibility that there may be a concern with the driveshaft, but a check of the tire balance is what would be checked first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for answering. I have been test driving 3-4 2013/2015 Taurus AWD drives and they all seem to have this problem. I drove a 2015 w/33K miles with no issues. I have a 2010 with 130K miles and my mechanic thinks its the transfer case. This after $2K of replacing other suspension parts. See the following link for other comments about this issue. http://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18591
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I do know that transfer cases go bad. Usually when the fluid leaks out. But it may be possible that you are just feeling a characteristic of the car if that many of them seem to have the same feeling.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my response. Please let me know if you have more questions and please respond to rate my service. Thank you.