Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I am having an issue when I apply he brakes ONLY when going

Customer Question

I am having an issue when I apply he brakes ONLY when going forward. There is one or two popping noises upon applying the brakes and the vehicle continues to stop and stop just fine. The vehicle makes no other noises when turning, going in reverse, up or down hill does not matter. Only when moving forward and braking.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

My thoughts are this noise is a concern with the front suspension. Does your shop have any listening devices that can be used while driven like the STEELMAN chassis ears?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that I am aware of Chris. I could try making a you tube video and sending it over if that would help.

That would be helpful, just copy paste the link in your next reply when you get it uploaded.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Video008 - driving forward in my cul de sac. I apply the brakes at 3-4 seconds and you will hear 2-3 popping noises.I am trying to upload the file but it keeps erroring out. Is there a size restriction on the file size?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I uploaded here:
http://sendvid.com/cbb3dgcj?secret=0f387490-4fca-4439-8e2a-edb1a808c2ef
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If that does not work try this one:
http://sendvid.com/cbb3dgcj

I got it. When it makes this noise can you feel it in the speed decreasing, brake pedal, floor board, steering?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Speed decrease is normal.
Yes I can feel it a little in the brake pedal.
No for the steering.
A little in the floor board.
Sounds like it is coming from more the center of the front end when the windows are opened or closed.I also just had my wife pull it up right in front of me with the hood open and brake and it is not as loud as when you are in the vehicle. Could be from the engine noise though.

A tool like the one mentioned prior would very helpful since it can listen to each part on the car while driving to figure out where the noise is coming from. I suspect its going to be control arm bushings, brake pad mounting hardware, subframe bolt torque or an engine or trans mount.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have pictures or diagrams of the items above so I may find them and take a look?

For me to be able to upload files I have to do that through additional service. I sent that request accept it and reply back here and I will get you those links.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The request you sent me is for additional QA time costing $12. I also am corresponding on a different issue for my Jeep and the person sent me a diagram at no additional charge?

I have to pay to be able to share the links I get to prevent copyright issues. What the other does and the legal issues that arise are on them. I plan not to get my self in a lawsuit by doing things wrong.

Hello again, I am sorry you were not pleased with my help.

I hate that you paid to get an answer but left, what appears to me, not satisfied.

Just so you know I am still here and available to help any day. We can start over fresh or just pick up where we left off.

Chris