camerontech
camerontech, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

My 01 ford ranger was misfiring earlier and I replaced the

Customer Question

My 01 ford ranger was misfiring earlier and I replaced the spark plugs and ran it and I ran. Then I decided to Change the wires as well while I'm doing it and now car won't start
Category: Ford
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

My name is ***** ***** I am a licenced diagnostic technician with over 20 years experience.

I will do my best to help you with your automotive problem. Please remember, I cannot see, hear or feel your vehicle which can make diagnosing very complicated and some vehicle require extensive diagnotics that require certain diagnostics computers that can not be done over a computer or phone.Please be patient as I am not online 24 hours a day, as I do work, but I do check my page every day.A positive rating is always appreciated for my time and knowledge to help you with your problem.

Im really hoping you have the wrong firing order.. because issues like this can be very tricky to diagonos over the computer, but ill do my best to help you out.

Please let me know if you need a cylinder id diagram so that we make sure we have the right things where they should be.

If you need a diagram i will need the engine size.

If we are sure the firing order is correct than we have to start from the bottom,

Do we have spark, Fuel pressure and injector pulse.

let me know and we will go from there.

cam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright got it in the right fireing order and now when I hit 50 mph it sound like it spuddering wondering my throttle position sensor or maybe my phone what u think no problem with ideal and heavy shifting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pcmsenser not phone

its possible that a sensor could be a faulty. the only way to determine that is with a scan tool and monitor a live data stream when it starts acting up. that is the only way unfortunetley or else your just throwing parts at it and wasting money.

If its spuddering at 50, it could be faulty mass airflow sensor, they can be cleaned with a qtip and brake parts cleaner if done very gently as the are extremely fragile, and see if that helps. but again,it would require a live data stream to check every sensor range performance.

let me know how things pan out, and if you need any more help

let me know!

thanks and i appreciate a positive review!

cam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will look into that

great!

Let me know what you find.

Please dont forget to rate me and ill assist you if you still need some help!

cam