Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ron...I have a 2005 Ford Explorer..o/d off light started

Customer Question

Hi Ron...I have a 2005 Ford Explorer..o/d off light started flashing and Check Transmission came on my message center :(
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Both of these lights will come on when the control system sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes, in order to determine what is causing this problem the first thing you are going to need to do is have the system scanned and see what the fault codes and or codes are that should be setting. If you can get this done and post back with them I can advise you from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does TCC mean anything...that is what 1 guy said was showing
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The TCC stands for torque converter clutch and or the solenoid , was he able to give you the actual code

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Most Auto part s store such as Auto Zone can do a scan for you at no charge . If you can not get the code and or codes can you stop by there and have it scanned and post back with the code and or codes your getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do they have to use a special machine...cause when they scanned it they did not get any codes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I am not more helpfu..I have no one to help and as stated I am a single female just trying to make sure I do not get taken for a ride
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One guy says he is leaning towards torque converter another says total rebuild...I am at a loss ;(
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay, how about stopping by the parts store and have them scan it and once I have the code and codes I will help you make sure you know what is going on so that does not happen. It actually could be one or both but the fault code will tell me either way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Post back when you can and I will advise from there. Im here all day as well.