roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Daryl Ford Explorer XLT 2014, 6,000 miles, just purchased.

Customer Question

Hi Daryl
Ford Explorer XLT 2014, 6,000 miles, just purchased. There's a vibration under the floor board. It occurs at all speeds but is worse at 40+. It happens whether I have my foot on the gas or coasting. As the car slows down naturally, the vibration or rumble strip feeling slows down as well.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

I would have the tires checked first looking for either a balance condition or shifted belt. if not, then engine mounts needs to be checked, universal joints and drive train inspected

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roy
Thanks for the info. Yesterday I had the tires rotated, balanced and checked for air. The noise/rumble strip/vibration has diminished quite a bit but it's still there and it's not consistent - it comes and goes. In addition, I can see the passenger seat vibrate at a constant rate whether i'm driving 10mph or 60mph. I'm in Panama (the country) using local mechanics so any info you can provide is very helpful.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

I would have all the items I listed checked to see if there is any issues

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mechanic is thinking its a bearing and tie rod. Th difficulty is getting the parts for a 2014.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

a tie rod will or should not be bad at that mileage. a tie rod would you wheel play.

what bearing???

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will get back to u with more info.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

ok