Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Have a 2004 Ford freestar. It has a new battery but it goes

Customer Question

have a 2004 Ford freestar. It has a new battery but it goes completely dead overnight.
when I put my trickle charger cables on it it sparks alot. i have tcables off the battery and when i hook up the charger now i get a few tiny sparks, thank you if you can help as i am retired on fixed income aand dont want to get into a mess.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Ok, you have a drain on the battery, so please read this attachment I put together for you.

Thanks, Ron