rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Door handle will not open door

Customer Question

door handle will not open door
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You will need to take off the door panel to inspect the handle from the inside. Possible bro***** *****nkage. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You will need to take off the door panel to inspect the handle from the inside. Possible bro***** *****nkage." I am not a body specialist, and I doubt if an average person knows how to remove a door panel. Can you send a diagram and instructions showing how to do this?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

There is no diagram for that part of it. The door panel is placed in with snaps. Lightly pry the panel from the door near the top portion. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, I'm sure any body shop could do this for you at a minimal fee. I'd hate to se you break anything.

Thanks