Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master
6166830

I have a 2008 ford escape. I bought it used a couple of

Customer Question

I have a 2008 ford escape. I bought it used a couple of years ago. I think the alarm/keyless entry is aftermarket.
Yesterday, one of my key fobs got wet. When I pressed the button to unlock the car, it unlocked, but the alarm started to run on and off intermittently. I could start the car and drive, so eventually I did, with the alarm going (I was quite a ways from home). By the time I got home the alarm seemed to have died (it sounded warped and then stopped). I was able to use my other key (dry) to start and use the car normally, including making the alarm turn on (on purpose) and then off.
This morning, I used the good key fob to unlock it and the alarm has started going on and off again. The only time it stops is when the key is in the ignition and is in that first position (without the accessories on). The car still drives. This morning's alarm also included the horn going off, which I don't think happened yesterday.
Help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi my name is is clif and i can help with your questions >

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

you may still have a signal coming from the old remote , you need to remove the battery from the wet remote and see if this will stop the alarm from going off let me know if you have any more questions , if not please rate the service before yo go thanks.