EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have a 2008 f350 and just did a motor swap and now the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. i have a 2008 f350 and just did a motor swap and now the truck will not start it shows a theft code it is communicating with comp
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sorry i have nothing else the cab was lifted off they said they have checked the connections
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: whats a bit
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. So when you turn the key to ON, is the theft light blinking rapidly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not for sure they said it shows it is throwing a theft code
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. That is something you are going to want to check. It will just verify that the theft code is being set because the key(s) need to be repogrammed back to the computer.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Of course, assuming since you had the cab off, that everything is connected correctly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric the theft lite just stays on the motor will not crank
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. The theft light should come on for 3 seconds then go off, when the key is turned to ON. If it does not the first thing to do is to have the keys programmed to the truck.