Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My wife's car is a 2005 Ford Escape. A few days ago she said

Customer Question

Hello...my wife's car is a 2005 Ford Escape. A few days ago she said the air conditioner was not producing cold air...I figured it was low on r-22/freon. I drove it yesterday...the heater was not producing hot air...blower motor working fine...before I got home...engine temp guage was maxed out...I only drove it a few miles. The reserve coolant tank was completely dry...I put water in it to recommend ed line.....it was still at the line this morning....I started the vehicle...wouldnt produce hot air...didnt drive it. I havent noticed any antifreeze on the driveway......
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Is your Escape a 4cyl or 6 cyl? From what you describe the vehicle has definatly been running hot. You need to start the escape and run it at about 2000 rpms until the temperature reaches normal. THen make sure your coolant level is correct in the degas bottle. There may be a lot of air in the system. This would be the first place to start. Then once the air is out and the heat is working inspect for any leaks.