Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Phil
My blower will not blow. There is 11.90 volts to

Customer Question

Customer: Phil
My blower will not blow. There is 11.90 volts to the plug at the base of the blower but the fan does not come on.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is in a 2003 ford king ranch f150
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Unplug the blower and hotwire it to the battery to verify it works. Use jumper cables and 2 short bare ended pieces of wire. If the blower works then its the blower not getting ground. If high blower speed works then its the blower resistor bad. If no speeds work then we need to do the steps below starting at test 3.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/F150blower.pdf

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I really hate that you came to Just Answer, paid to get an answer, but appears like you left not happy nor pleased with my help. I am still here available to help more. We can start over or just pick up where we left off. Let me know what I can do, so you will be pleased with my assistance.

Chris