Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

What is the pbj #1 fuse if you cranked a 2004 ford explorer

Customer Question

What is the pbj #1 fuse for and if you cranked a 2004 ford explorer sport XLT without it didn't drive it idle for 5 minutes and I killed it got fuse and put it in and now it will not crank every thing work but the glove box light and the fuse relay for delayed accessories and that all I no o
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** there an anti theft light flashing on the dash, when you try to start it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it not flashing it will only turn over with a screwdriver but it still wont crank and the light flashes when key on
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

if the light flashes when the keu is on, then the computer has lost its programming for the key, and it most likely happenned when you removed the fuse and ran it, they will need to be reproggrammed into the computer, the dealer can do this, but we use mobile locksmiths to come to the car and program them, they are cheaper than the dealer and it saves a tow bill to the delaer, our local locksmith charges 70 dollars to don this, the dealer gets over 200 dollars,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

If you need more help with this, dont hesitate to ask, and Please dont forget to rate me so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim