Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Hazard works left hand turn signals work right side does not

Customer Question

Hazard works left hand turn signals work right side does not work no turn signal and on the inside of the dash the left turn signal indicator doesn't work either
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All hazzards work. Both sides. But no left turn signal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No right turn signals sorry left works.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

For the concern hazards working, but right turn not. This is going to be a failure of the multifunction switch.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's brand new though. Just got replaced

The turn signals are powered through the switch. Since the hazards work, the bulbs and wires are good. There are 2 inputs to the multifunction switch from the flasher relay. One input is the hazards and one is for the turn signals. Both are working since the hazards work and the left turn signal work.

The Ford diag and symptoms say its the switch. Are you sure the hazards on all 4 corners are flashing and the correct speed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The right front is not flashing which means I think the both blown but he was a new bulb will that make the right turn signals work as a lack of a bridge or something to that effect

The right front is not flashing with the hazards on or with the right turn on?

What does the right rear do in both cases?

A bulb out or a circuit broke should only result in that sides one working bulb to flash fast.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The left rear does not do not and does not flash at all but the brake lights work and the rear hazards work

I am totally confused. You said:

Hazard works

left hand turn signals work right side does not work no turn signal and on the inside of the dash the left turn signal indicator doesn't work either

No right turn signals sorry left works.

The right front is not flashing

The left rear does not do not and does not flash at all

Lets start over and label each: Left front LF, Left Rear LR, Right front RF, Right rear RR. left turn indicator LTI, Right turn indicator RTI

Turn the hazards on, tell me all the light working correct and all that are not.

Left turn on, same thing

Right turn on, same thing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When hazards are on front left works both rear works left turn signals front and rear work right side nothing

Since the right front never works, lets start there. If the front right park lamp works then the ground to the lamp is good. See if the white/light blue wire is powered to the lamp when using the hazards and right turn. If not then see if it is at the M switch, this will test the wire.

I really hate that you came to Just Answer, paid to get an answer, but appears like you left not happy nor pleased with my help. I am still here available to help more. We can start over or just pick up where we left off. Let me know what I can do, so you will be pleased with my assistance.

Chris