Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I am working on a 2006 ford taurus. the underhood fuse box

Customer Question

i am working on a 2006 ford taurus. the underhood fuse box was damaged so i have changed it. to do so i have had to change every wire one at time. i think i have got some mixed up becuase now it wont start. i cannot hear the fuel pump come on. could i get a wiring diagram showing or telling what color wires go where. thank you
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Below is a link to the wire diagram.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/06Tauruspdf.pdf

I am not quite sure that is going to help though, since there are no connectors at the battery junction box so there is not a pin chart showing which wires go where. Look over the diagram and report back, we may have to diagnose the symptoms, but I am quite sure its going to return to a wire issue.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank u chris. yes i looked at the wiring diags you sent. your right its going to be hard to tell what goes where. what threw me off in the switch of the junction boxes was the one on the car is broken in two pieces. so i got mixed up. and at the end with just a few wires left to transfer i had wires that needed to go to slots but they already had wires in them. it has been a much bigger deal than i intended. that was a pretty big job to me to disassemble all that and transfer it. i am not exactly sure what i need to do from here. other than sleep on it and pray for now. thanks

P.S. how much of the world would i need to replace to change junction box with connecting wiring harness?

I feel like the best approach is a junkyard. Getting some pictures of a junction box turned over but still connected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes that is brilliant. thanks. i will plan to let you know my finds tomorrow. and God Bless!

Super, keep in touch.

I really hate that you came to Just Answer, paid to get an answer, but appears like you left not happy nor pleased with my help. I am still here available to help more. We can start over or just pick up where we left off. Let me know what I can do, so you will be pleased with my assistance.

Chris