Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Need to know how to remove egr cooler core from housing on

Customer Question

Need to know how to remove egr cooler core from housing on 6.7L power stroke.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

You don't. You exchange the whole part. The core inside will not just come out. Where the round tube is, it is internally welded there.

I will upload the instructions for the repair for you to see what is to be done.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

EGR Cooler breakdown sheet

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've seen them removed for cleaning.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Are you referring to the EGR or the oil cooler? The oil cooler will come out of the housing. The EGR cooler is built into the housing.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Oil Cooler attached

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Egr. The 2 cores are welded to the front plate. People have had them out to get the carbon buildup cleaned out and then reinstalled them.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

They may have replaced the collers at one time, have done this on the 6.0L cores, or the first series of 6.7 engines. The 2013 is the second series of the 6.7 so a lot of small changes were done to them, the EGR coolers being one of them. The coolers were cracking and leaking inside due to vibration and failed o-rings, so Ford made them solid units to eliminate that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah. That makes sense now. Ok thank you.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Thanks for letting me help you out and have a great night!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Did you need anymore assistance with this? I'm following up since the question is still showing as open/unresolved. Thanks.