Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 98 f150 4x4 died on me after 6 couple hours it'll start

Customer Question

My 98 f150 4x4 died on me after 6 for a couple hours it'll start and run for a little bit and then died again fuel filter has been changed recently is it the fuel pump or the driver module for the fuel pump for what else could it be
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.I need a little more info to assist better.

Can you tell me what engine liter size is in this model and provide the VIN details for your vehicle?

When it runs does it run well or does it run poorly with no power?

Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 5.4 I didn't get any fault codes the truck was running great had fuel filter changed and about a week later it was running great then just died and wouldn't start let sit for a few hours and tried it again and it started got it home and was fine for a few days then died again now it will run for a hour or so (runs great when gets gas) then die and a few hours will start again then just parked it it's not getting gas I already made sure the fuel filter is not backwards was going to change out the fuel pump then was told about the the fuel pump driver module
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

When you say it isn't getting gas have you verified it isn't getting any fuel and if so how was this checked?