Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2007 Ford Fusion with a airbag light on. The

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Ford Fusion with a airbag light on. The dealership read the code as B2290-14 OCSM/RCM. "Found Seat track bad". The "Passenger Airbag Off" indicator light does not come on when there is no passenger in the seat. Last year we had to replace as described a "faulty front passenger seat right side seat rail" at dealership. Is this the same sensor again that is faulty?
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

There is a left side sensor and a right side sensor for the passenger side seat tracks. It depends on if the replaced the inboard or outboard seat track and the code they got last time.

Do you have the part number and the trouble code they got last time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7E5Z5461708A
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not have trouble code from previous repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The trouble code is narrowed down to atleast the passenger seat correct? There wouldnt be a sensor on drivers side would there?
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Yes the passenger seat, but there are no sensors on the drivers side seat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could i find a seat track assembly sensors and all from a junkyard car and just replace the seat bracket?
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

I would not recommend it, because the air bag system is not a system to use junk yard parts. But if your budget requires it, you can.