Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

My ford 2000 mustang sometimes stalls (RPM goes below 500,

Customer Question

Customer: My ford 2000 mustang sometimes stalls (RPM goes below 500, then surges then goes below 500 again, i have to accerelate a little) when stopping at intersections, and sometimes when at start up.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have 2000 Ford Mustang V6
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
we can work on this tomorrow
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Most likely the throttle body needs to be cleaned or replaced, inspect the throttle plate for a build up of black soot, if there is soot, have an induction cleaning done ,if it is clean , replace the throttlebody.PLEASE RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, PLEASE ask me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after you rate my service until you are completely satisfied with my answers.