James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2001 f150. It suddenly stalled and then wouldn't

Customer Question

I have a 2001 f150. It suddenly stalled and then wouldn't start. Has gas, battery good. Towed it home. If I wait it starts. When I press the gas it stalls and dies then won't start again until later then does the same thing
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if you unplug the mass air flow sensor will the vehicle continue to run.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It starts, runs for about 20 seconds, and then stalls still. There is no error code either
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

That is if you unplug the mass air flow?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are there 2 sensors? There looks like there is a small one which i disconnected the connector but I can't disconnect the one in the airbox. I can pull off the grommet covering the wiring harness only. The sensor itself looks very clean though. Do you believe the sensor is bad? Also, do you think it's not the fuel pump or fuel filter?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

If you unplug the mass air flow sensor and it runs better you either have a bad mass air flow or a vacuum leak. If it still doesn't run it sounds like your fuel pump isn't producing pressure.