Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I just purchased a 2003 windstar, how can I get the keyless

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2003 windstar, how can I get the keyless entry code without it costing me a small fortune ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

The code is available on the wallet card that came in the owners manual and on a label on the RKE module. The label often falls off with age or fades out. Since you have removed the module and not found the 5 digit number label on it that only leaves one option. A scan tool is needed to access the module and get the code. Dealers and independent shops can do this. They often charge a 1/2 hour of labor for this task. You can call around to verify the shop has a diagnostic tool to do this and price shop them.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I really hate that you came to Just Answer, paid to get an answer, but appears like you left not happy nor pleased with my help. I am still here available to help more. We can start over or just pick up where we left off. Let me know what I can do, so you will be pleased with my assistance.

Chris