Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

My 2006 f350 6.0 deisel emissions light came on? Not sure if

Customer Question

Hi...My 2006 f350 6.0 deisel emissions light came on? Not sure if it's a fluke but it did come on when I just filled up with fuel
Category: Ford
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

Make sure the gas cap is tightened real good because it will make the light come on. Also look for and cracks in the seal for the cap. If that all looks good run it by any parts store like Autozone and they will connect a code reader for free and tell you the code that gets stored in the computer and you might be able to fix it right there and not have to take it to a shop!

LJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had code read today. P0299
01/02
02/02The truck runs fine and doesn't seem to be anything wrong. Gas cap is fine. No cracks or leaks.- Justin

Thanks,

That code has to do with the turbo and sometimes a vane will stick for a moment and set the code. Being its running ok thats most likely what happened otherwise you would for sure notice a power loss. I would have the code cleared and if the light comes back on and sets that code again the dealer will need to inspect the turbo.