gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

I have a 2005 bentley continental gt and the rear windows on

Customer Question

I have a 2005 bentley continental gt and the rear windows on both sides do not work any more. I was told I need new regulators for both. It seems weird that they both went bad at the the same time. I heard a crunching crackling sound and the would not go up all the way and now I do not hear anything anymore and the window won't move at all now. Bentley says they only sale the whole assembly but I was told I may need some parts and not the whole assembly
Category: Ford
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

That crunching sound is the cables grinding around the shaft of the motor and gear. It's a common enough issue that I would recognize it. You DO need to get the whole regulator, it's not that expensive a part (considering you own a Bentley) but you will need to remove the side trims to access this mechanism- clean hands required!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the pricing for this and do I need the whole assembly that bentley offers or just a motor. Can you tell me what is the exact name of the part that I need because I want to order the part.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

The motor is fine- it is the regulator that you need. This will consist of a pair of side rails that have the window clips on them, and have cables routed to pull these clips up and down on both sides, going through a driver gear and spool in the middle where the motor mounts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is the wrong information. I called bentley and you gave information for front window regulator and I specifically asked about rear window regulator. It is one piece with the motor attached.