Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

7.3 having problems starting looking to try gh pressure oil

Customer Question

7.3 having problems starting looking to try high pressure oil pump need a price or enjectors
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ridgerunnerras replied 1 year ago.

Hello I would like to help you.

you listed 2 trucks F350 and F550 do you need the same info for both?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 trucks same problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am thinking those May be the problem don't know ...SO I am looking for a solution if I need any of those parts how much $ will it cost ..Canadian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey!

so the high pressure oil pump is for the fuel not engine oil correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know

ok then I can not get you a price because I do no know the part you need

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having trouble starting cold ...both trucks what can be the problem 7.3 ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Different tech here, your original tech opted out

Your question" 2001 F350 and F550 7.3 having problems starting looking to try high pressure oil pump need a price or enjectors"

Injectors 5C3Z-9VE527-BRM Motorcraft rebuilt $379 each

High pressure oil pump F81Z-9A543-CRM Motorcraft rebuilt $837

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

If another tech feels they can help by phone, they will call you. I do not know what else I can say over the phone, being I already posted the part name, part # ***** price which you asked for.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey chris ... i was on youtoob trying to find reasion why the trucks are so hard to start in cold weather , and this link came up... hopeing you guys would have a answer i hooked up to conferm my hunch ..im not a licenced macanic and my spelling sucks but i know how to use a wrench ...my cell phone cuts off out of range all the time here , it the area where i live in .if you can give me some tips it would be appresheated

So your needing help diagnosing the start issues, you did not need the part prices from your original question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
prices is what i was looing for but i didnt think i had to pay for that sevice (what a wast)...so then i just went to my problem yipy... so what ever you guys feel is worth your time if you want to aswer , thank you, ***** ***** thanks for the prices...

I am just trying to confirm what it is you need. We base our decision on helping customers on what they need. I do not want this to go on for hours to have you ask a question I do not know the answer to thus wasting your and my time. I took on this question because I knew the prices you had asked for. List out the questions you meant to ask so I can decide if I can continue to help or not. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have two trucks i use for work, they are both having the same problem the temputure here is 0 c degrese in the morning the trucks are hard to start ... if i plug them in they start normal, but now weather is getting colder i am having this problem again... i had this problem last winter i want to fix it myself ... looking for answers to troubleshoot this problem

Thanks, ***** ***** many things that can effect cold start but since plugging it in helps then the first place to look is the glow plugs. Can you remove them and test each when wired to the battery. Use pliers they get hot and fast. The casing is ground and the single connection is the power.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i repaced them.. they all work now ... i didnt know how to check th injectors so i put it all back together without checking them.. probably bad move on my part.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
repaced the 2 relays \fuel heater in bole

Thanks, ***** ***** have verified all glow plugs are getting hot. Its time to move onto the high pressure oil system. Use a scan tool to monitor the ICP sensor. On any start cold or hot when cranking the ICP should jump up and show 500 psi or more fast.

I really hate that you came to Just Answer, paid to get an answer, but appears like you left not happy nor pleased with my help. I am still here available to help more. We can start over or just pick up where we left off. Let me know what I can do, so you will be pleased with my assistance.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi ..tryed icp no change

We needed to check the ICP pressure while cranking, not replace the ICP sensor. That reading will tell us if the high pressure oil system is working right or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thx will do

Your welcome