Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My 2011 ford f-150 has a knocking noise coming from under

Customer Question

My 2011 ford f-150 has a knocking noise coming from under the rear bed. I had a friend listen for it. I was turning out of the gas station when I heard a creaking noise, then it turned into a knocking noise. it makes the Knocking noise in forward and reverse. The only time the noise stops is when the truck is slow like in a walking speed.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Do you get a vibration as well?

Is it 2wd or 4wd?

Automatic or manual?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Different tech here

You mentioned it does not happen at walking speed does that means it occurs in drive and reverse not moving or only when going over say 5 mph in drive or reverse?

If it occurs sitting still then I suspect a possible exhaust hanger or shield to blame or the rear trans mount. Can you check those?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris