rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

The interior dashboard lights on my escape are too dim. It

Customer Question

The interior dashboard lights on my escape are too dim. It just came back from the shop and they turned them down. How do I turn them back up?
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The most likely problem is the knob on the dash that turn the brightness up and down. Hope this helped you.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find any knob. That is why i'm asking about it. Where might this knob be on a 2011 escape?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can get headlights but I can't get headlights and dashboard lights together.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

It's on the dash, left or right side, but most likely left side. If you can take a pic of your dash and attach it here, I'll point it out for you. Your owners manual will also have this information.

Thanks, ***** ***** don't forget to rate me.