camerontech
camerontech, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

My keyless entry module was bad and when removing it I

Customer Question

My keyless entry module was bad and when removing it I pulled the single black wire out of the gray PBT-GF15 connector. I need to know which pin slot it needs to go back into. I am assuming it is just a ground.
Category: Ford
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

hi there,

Im cam and i will do my best to help you.

I Might need a little more info on your vehicle, but i think this is what you are looking for.

i have included the wiring diagram for the body seccurity module,

please let me know if this is or is not the module wiring diagram that you are looking for

thank you

cam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking for something more like the picture attached. There is only one black wire going into this particular connector and I need to know which pin it should be positioned on. The connector has 10 slots.

can you give me the full vehicle info please. (model, engine size, extra cab infor)

and is this a 3 connector module or 2

thanks

cam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006 F150 Crew Cab V8 4.6L
It is a 3 connector module. The only wire running to this connector is black. This is the gray 10 pin. The other connectors are green and blue and the same size. This is the smallest one.

I am having trouble locating a 3 connector control module wiring info. I have to check on a different program i have at work tomorrow.

I apologize for the time it is taking, but the only listings i can find four your truck is a 2 connector module setup.

I can opt out for another tech to possibly find it quicker if you want.

I will have to check tomorrow

cam

hi there,

sorry for the delay.

I cannot locate that 10 pin connector diagram anywhere.

My appalogies.

I will have to opt out and let another tech locate if for you.

cam

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Different tech here, would you like my help?

Ford calls the VSM and BSM the same thing. I have the links for the module connectors but you mentioned it has 3 connectors. Are you referring to the antenna connection, see the links below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/06BSM1.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/06BSM2.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/06VSM.pdf

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it looks like the position for the antenna. It's a single black wire that fits into a 10 pin connector that plugs into the module next to other two main connectors. It pulled out when uninstalling module and I need to know which slot to put it back into.

I thought it was the antenna too.

This is probably why I can't locate a diagram

if I was in this situation I can ussualy tell where the wire was in the connector by scratch marks on the Module itself.

I have searched all if my diagnostic pages and unfortunately can't locate this pic chart.

I do not want to keep you held up any longer, so please let me kniw if you would like me to opt out and wait fir another tech to locate one.

Thank you and I appreciate your patience

cam

Sorry I do not know why Cam opted out and has responded again. The antenna wire is in its own connector with a obvious connection. Can you attach some pictures so I can view the wire and the module connector side?

sorry chris,

I did not notice your post before the customers, and i received a notice to reply.

my appologies

cam