Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

We put another new alternator on and there was no change. I

Customer Question

Chris We put another new alternator on and there was no change. I had the alternator that we took off checked and they said it was good ? Still misfiring on multiple cylinders ? battery is still draining overnight.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can tell me what it is you are working on including year, make and model as well as the engine size I will try and help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004 oldsmobile aurora 4.3 northstar engine
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I'm not showing the Aurora was still produced in 2004, I do show 2003 was the last year and it only came with the 4.0 engine, are you sure of the year?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is my dad`s car (82 years old) so maybe he`s a little off. So we will go with your numbers. The issues with this car are still the same. Battery runs down overnight, misfiring on multiple cylinders, all lights flicker when running. Has a dead short somewhere just cannot find it. looked at all the wires we could get our hands on and did not find any worn or grounding out ?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If the alternator is not charging that is the first thing that needs to be repaired , low voltage due to a bad alternator can cause engine performance issues as well as a weak battery. In order to determine why the alternator is not charging you are going to need to do some testing starting with a scan on the computer system to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results of the scan we can work from there..