Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

How do you reset the alarm on 2005 ford f150

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. This is the factory alarm? or do you have an aftermarket alarm going off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Factory alarm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Factory. I am b doing this on Google. My son in law is stranded. The e mail I gave you is his.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the battery is reconnected there is no power and a ticking noise in the rear area of the cab.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Has he tried to get a jump start? possible dead battery if there is a clicking noise.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

If it is the alarm going off. Have him turn the ignition key to ON. then disconnect the negative battery cable, then hook it back up after a few minutes. Leaving the ignition ON. Try that and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery is good. Gage's are also stuck - RPM is at 4000, MPH is at 15
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Try what I suggested first.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Then he will need to check all the fuses. But if the cluster remains stuck like that, more than likely he has an instrument cluster problem, and that will cause the truck to not start. Possibly until the cluster is replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't work
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Sounds like to me he is going to have to have it brought to a dealer. In the meantime I will opt-out and let another expert respond if he has an idea. Please do not respond back to me or it locks the question to me.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Different tech here. With the key on which warning lights on the dash and in the instrument cluster are on or flashing?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I hate that you spent money to get your question answered, though left not pleased with my help. I am still here available to help. We can start over from the beginning or where we left off.

Thanks Chris