Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.
10437779

The drivers side power window is stuck in the down position

Customer Question

The drivers side power window is stuck in the down position and won't miss be by the switch ?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the door panel off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

Since only the driver side window is the only one not working we cn rule out a few things. Lets go right to the switch and with a digital multimeter make sure we have a ground to the switch on the black wires. Then we should also have a ground on the tan/light blue wire when moving the switch down and on the white/black when going up. If we do not then we have a bad switch. If we do then the GEM could be the problem. We can go to the motor supply the motor with power on the orange/white and ground the white/black to see if the window goes down. Then reverse it to go back up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think it's the switch. When I move it to up or auto down, I can hear the relay clicking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think both door windows are on that same relay, so the relay must be ok, right?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

There is a one touch down relay for the driver side. The passenger side works ok correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep, passenger side works fine.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok it is possible we have a wiring issue as I have run into where in wiring breaks in the loom goin fromt eh door to the body I would recommend we go right to the motor and check for power to it then jump it as we discussed to rule out a bad motor.