Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Chuck My nameis Darrell. I have a 1994 F 350 5.8 that has no

Customer Question

Hi Chuck My nameis Darrell. I have a 1994 F 350 5.8 that has no power to the ingnition key switch or to any electrical in the truck. No lights or fuel pump working nada. The battery is good and I charged it recently. It get 12 + volts to the negative side where it connects near the oil pan but don't really know how to begin chasing this down.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Lets start with "I have a 1994 F 350 5.8 that has no power to the ingnition key switch" The ignition gets its power from 5 yellow wires. Those wire are powered by fuses P-N-J under the hood. Are these fuses good and do these fuses have battery voltage?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I hate that you spent money to get your question answered, though left not pleased with my help. I am still here available to help. We can start over from the beginning or where we left off.

Thanks Chris