Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Apparently the woman told my son that the truck started to

Customer Question

apparently the woman told my son that the truck started to run rough and the next day it wouldn't start so today we went out to take out the plugs well we pulled the packs off and decided to soak plugs with pb blaster then went and bought some swivels
and extensions tomorrow we try to get plugs out I happen to reach over to spin alternator pulley and it was seized tighter than tight the guy also said he had a code something about a cam phaser and 4 cyls
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

I have absolutely no clue what your question is here. You have told me a couple of things but have not asked anything or even told me enough to try to guess at it. I dont know who this woman is or why shes telling your son anything or whos truck needs spark plugs or what guy says 4 cylinders need phasers or why.

Please give me some details to work with here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi wayne that's because I was talking to moose I was giving him some insight on the truck my son bought the truck has a seized engine oil smells like gas and I noticed the alternator is seized also the person we got it from said it started running rough she took it to a garage and read code cam phaser bad and running on 4 cyl she drove it home the next day it wouldn't crank over

Gotcha. I didnt see your original question there. I assume this is a ford 3 valve in f150? Is the belt still on? If so maybe the alternator just wont turn because the rest of the engine wont turn.

From the sounds of it and assuming it is a 3 valve (4.6 or 5.4) I would assume its going to need an engine. Most times when they get cam/timing related codes in the end it ends up needing an engine.