Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Vehicle = 2005 Ford Excursion Limited 6.8L V10 Issue = I

Customer Question

Vehicle = 2005 Ford Excursion Limited 6.8L V10
Issue = I just replaced the main under dash wiring harness, but now truck will not start. believed to be NO spark. Theft light blinking fast at key on, then blinking at a 5-6 time pattern. Truck cranks strong, can smell fuel if I pump the gas pedal so fuel is flowing.
What I Already tried......
1 - had an auto locksmith some by and try to reprogram my keys because I thought key program was lost, result was both keys are still have their programs. did fit the issue.
2- Had my PATS module around the ignition cylinder checked = no issue there
3- Reset the Fuel cut off switch under dash on the passenger floor panel.
4- tried different key-in key-out programming procedures found on fourms.
5- Tried disconnecting the negative battery cable for over 24 hours.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

When you turn the key to RUN, the PATS theft light should come on solid for 5 seconds then go out, NOT flash. If its flashing then the computer thinks your thief and it will not allow the engine to start. For no spark you need to turn the key on and verify there is power to the coils, then use a scan tool to see if the computer is getting a crank sensor signal. If your getting this signal but the PCM is not ground pulsing the coils to make them produce spark then your PCM is faulty.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine and have went to many schools and classes to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating one of the answers, not the questions, you receive is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I hate that you spent money here, and left, what appears to be not pleased with me or my help. I am still here and available to help. We can pick up where we left off or start over.

Chris