HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

2004 ford f350 v10 engine ligghht comes on.. cuuts out in

Customer Question

2004 ford f350 v10 engine ligghht comes on.. cuuts out in reverse. appreciate any help
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello,first thing to do besides checking transmission fluid level and condition to make sure it isnt low or burnt is to have the check engine light checked, diagnostic codes pulled to see if it is anything related to your concern. low fluid level in the trans can cause a stall or slip among many other things. Most auto parts stores can pull codes for free but might not be able to get all information or codes stored based onthe type of scan tool they are using.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry it took so long to get back to you--but I checked the transmission fluid (as instructed) and it checked out alright.. I will take it up to the auto parts store and see if they can test the problem. when I but the transmission in reverse it might run a little bit but as soon as I give it a little gas it just stops. very abruptly. then it will start again no problem. on the gear lever the overdrive light is blinkking--I dont know if that is anything to do with anything--and the little engine lite iis still lite. your help is appreciated and will be rewarrded.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Yes with the od lamp flashing it is indicating a transmission fault and setting a diagnostic trouble code, so need to have trouble codes pulled to see what code(s) are stored to know what direction to take towards the repairs