rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have an 07 Ford Taurus that does not blow heat. The air

Customer Question

I have an 07 Ford Taurus that does not blow heat. The air door actuator wasn't working so i replaced it with a new one. The new one failed to work as well. As soon as i plugged the new actuator in it turned to the position to blow cold air (all the way
in the blue on the knob) and the knob was set to the highest heat setting in the red. I tested the control switch on the dash and that seems to be ok. I get heat if i manually move the air door. What could be causing the actuator to not function properly?
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

The actuator is electrically worked, it's not uncommon for them to fail. It's called a blend door.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replacing the blend door actuator made no difference.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

OK, make sure that it is getting power and ground too. It has to be activating by the head unit first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has both, it turned to the cold position when i plugged it in even though the control knob was set to the hot position.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

OK, we know you can get heat by manually moving the door. What we don't know is why it's not getting that signal. I need your help here to check all connectors and powers and grounds. You may even need to do voltage drop testing to find the affected wire.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have power going into the control switch. The control knob i have has 3 wires, 2 of which go to the actuator.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Do you need a wiring diagram or can you back track they wire. If you need the diagram, I'll have to get it to you tomorrow if that's ok.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A diagram would be helpful. Thanks.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

here it is