Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Iam looking to connect a Radar detector of my 2004 Fors

Customer Question

HI Chris
Iam looking to connect a Radar detector of my 2004 Fors explorer Sport Trac's rear-view mirror power connector.
Can you tell me which wire will have 12V+ on start/run?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Expert you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place. Sorry for the delay.

Can you tell me if you have the auto dimming mirror?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have the Auto-dimming mirror
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay then then the power wire you need is the gray/yellow wire, its a key on power circuit as well so the detector should shut off with the key. See the connector view in the link below for which wire as well. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Mirror%20%231%20Oct%207.pdf

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.