rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

The orange light wrench comes on and I loose power, Gas

Customer Question

The orange light wrench comes on and I loose power, Gas pedal to floor and not moving OR you run at 50 km and the RPMS shoot up to 5000 and so on..
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

That light indicated that a technician needs to get involved so he can attach a factory scan tool or alike, to address codes and data that the computer is delivering to the scan tool. A variety of things could have gone wrong. I wish was able to be more specific. but that just impossible at this point. If you could at least have the codes read, we may be able to go further with this. You can borrow a code reader from most parts stores for a deposit. Hope this helps you.

Thanks, Ron