Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a 2005 Ford F-150 that I bought and I 't know the

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Ford F-150 that I bought and I don't know the door code to unlock the truck. How can I get this code?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Sometimes the dealership will write this code in the owner's manual, but if it's not in there you will have to take proof of ownership down to the Ford dealer and have them retrieve it from Ford Motor Co. They used to just give it to you if you call in, but those days have gone by. The last time we had to request one (last friday), we even had to make copies of our driver's licences and submit that with the code request to the dealer. We are a local government fleet, so proof of ownership was slightly harder to prove; they might not give you as much hassle if you are a private owner.

They charged us 6 dollars for the code retrieval service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a way to get the code from a sticker located somewhere in the truck. How do I do that?
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

It could be on a sticker on the VSM. You will need to access the VSM and look for the 5-digit code that is listed on a piece of tape on the casing of the module. To access the VSM it will be necessary to remove the rear seat back and the module should be located under the rear window on the driver's side. There may be a rear trim panel that also needs to be removed, after seat back removal, before the module can be accessed.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Or if a factory or equivalent scan tool is available, look for a data Parameter Identification (PID) in the VSM listed as KEYCODE and note the 5-digit value.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, in my initial post I thought we were talking about the lock key code to make a new key for the door lock. I didn't realize you meant the key-less entry pad until you asked about it being written on a sticker somewhere.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I wanted to check and see if you needed any additional information. I would also appreciate a positive rating if I have been of some assistance. Thanks!