Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Control makes clacking noise and will not open heater

Customer Question

control makes clacking noise and will not open heater control valve
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure the noise is from the control valve and not the more common failure of the blend door actuator inside the dash? Can you manually open the control valve and get the heater core hot and get hot air?

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can open the heater control valve manually and the noise is only when calling for heat AC works fine

When you open the heater control valve can you then get heat?

I hate that you spent money here, and left, what appears to be not pleased with me or my help. I am still here and available to help. We can pick up where we left off or start over.

Chris