EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

None of the power windows will roll down on a 2003 Ford

Customer Question

None of the power windows will roll down on a 2003 Ford Windstar Van.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to charge the battery and had to replace it today.... then noticed windows wouldn't work now...
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Have you checked the fuses yet? You have a fuse panel under the dash on the drivers side. Try checking the fuses then let me know what you find. If they are ok we can go from there. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All fuses appear to be good.... Please note: when I touch the window switch rocker... you can hear a click...
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a test light? Your probably going to need to check power at the window switch and probably some other placed.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Also. I would specifically check fuse 106 (30amp) in the fuse box under the hood.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ALL FUSES under the hood area good.... strange thing just happened... the driver side glass will go up and down... but not other windows.... this van has been parked for the past 6 months...
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

You may have a wire(s) that have a poor connection in the drivers door harness that goes from the door to the body. You can see if you can make the concern happen or fix itself by wiggling that harness or opening and closing the door.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Have you made progress with your Windstar? I see you viewed my response. Do you have any more questions? DO you need a wiring diagram? Let me know and please rate my service as well.