James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

My 2006 turbo diesel is missing when on the freeway, doesn't

Customer Question

My 2006 turbo diesel is missing when on the freeway, doesn't do it in town. Ford mechanic ran diagnostics and everything (including Injectors) looked fine. I have new fuel filters but do need a new air filter even though when I run the system check it says all filters are okay. I live in Utah but travel to Cali for my oncologists visits and am at a loss
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, did they drive it with the scan tool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both first thing before running it, and also when driving it. The photo shows item that was replaced too
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

If the injectors aren't misfiring then your issue is the turbo is sticking. The turbo sticks where the vanes sit for prolonged periods of time. In order to correct the concern either cleaning the turbo or replacing the turbo will be needed.