Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My grand daughter drove my car to work and went out after

Customer Question

My grand daughter drove my car to work and went out after she got off and the car won't start. You can turn it on and everything will come on except the only thing that lights up on the dash is the seatbelt emblem. It has a new battery but it has been raining a lot could it be caused by the water?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

What model vehicle, and which engine, and transmission?

When you jumped it, did more lights in the instrument cluster come on?

Do the headlights work bright and remain bright when trying to start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ford focus and jumping did nothing. It didn't mater the only night on the dash was a seatbelt emblem. 4Cyl and a standard transmission.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Radio came on and all other things worked .lights fan Windows and any other instruments.

Did you tow the vehicle home, or are you with the vehicle now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Towed it to granson. Head lights, powered windows, radio, blinkers and everything that was supposed to except dash lights and car cranking.it did turn over all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It didn't turn over.or make a sound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not with it

Is anyone with the vehicle that can start the testing process. I need someone to remove the starter relay. See if one pin has battery power, hold the key in the start position and see if another pin is now powered.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They can in the morning?

That will be great, this is one step so I can figure out a direction to go for other steps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I said standard transmission but ment automatic.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They checked all fuses and they are good. So is the starter. The emblem on dash when turned on is airbag.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Let me know when you will be able to check the starter relay.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's ok

Great, so you are getting the 2 power signals to the starter relay from the prior test. That leaves pin 1 to the relay not grounding. That comes from the PCM/security system. So we need to jump over to unplugging the PCM and checking all powers and grounds at it. Use the links below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/11focusB.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/11focusE.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/11focusT.pdf

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)

I am sorry you were not pleased with my help. I am still available if you would like to try again. I want you pleased with me.

Chris