Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I was trying to find some info on a 1994 crown vic oil pump?

Customer Question

I was trying to find some info on a 1994 crown vic oil pump? I took the plug off to drain the oil out of the cooler. And a little spring popped out, relieve valve I think. I am trying to find out how far it goes back into the housing.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I probably should add that it is supposed to be a police interceptor.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately Ford makes no provisions for taking the oil cooler apart and because it was only installed on the interceptor information from Ford is very limited. Can you explain what it is you removed and I will try and help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took what looked like it might be a drain plug near 2 cooler hoses and under the oil filter. When I took the cap off oil came out and what looked like a spring and plunger with oil.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to just reinstall the plunger and spring. Ford dose not offer any Assembly steps of this cooler as it was not a standard production cooler.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just put one end of the spring in the cap and screwed it back in. I guess it worked, oil pressure is normal.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If the pressure is normal then you are fine . Glad to hear you got it resolved and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.