Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2010 ford f550. i ran it this morning and it ran

Customer Question

i have a 2010 ford f550. i ran it this morning and it ran fine. went to move out of our gate and it died. i tried to crank it and wouldnt start. after 5 minutes it finally started. we changed oil, oil filter, both fuel filters, and the transmission internal
filter and fluid. after all that it started for about 10 seconds and died again. now it will not start. we checked the fuel pressure and its good. i checked the oil container and it was only a quarter full. put 2 quarts in housing and it all went to the bottom
and did not fill the container. pls help me get it back on the road i need it for work..... Whats wrong????
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Any trouble codes stored?

Do you own a diagnostic tool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No codes and no check engine lights but the power train limp mode light is on. yes we have a diagnostic tool.

If there is a warning light on, there should be codes stored. So your tool may not be sophisticated enough. Being there are no codes we need to start with the basic tests, can you do the steps below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/F550hardstart.pdf

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)

I am sorry you were not pleased with my help. I am still available if you would like to try again. I want you pleased with me.

Chris