rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 97 t-bird runs fine until I put it in drive. had a

Customer Question

I have a 97 t-bird runs fine until I put it in drive. had a speed sensor code and replaced still does it
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is somebody working on an answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

If the check engine light comes on, please have the codes read first. Another thought would be a bad power brake booster, because when you shift to drive, your foot is on the brake, enhancing a vacuum leak. Hope this helps you.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car is now stalling if i leave it in park and bring up rpms. If i rev engine to 3-4 thousand and take my foot off it the engine stalls out.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

OK, there still can be a large vacuum leak, even at the power brake booster. Please check all possible places for vacuum to be leaking and check for codes in the computer if the check engine light is coming on.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't hear any vacuum leaks. Idles fine. What do you think about fuel filter
as i mentioned before. I had a speed sensor code and replaced the sensor. no more codes at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked for vacuum leaks already.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no check engine light and has never been one
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

You can try testing the fuel pump pressure. next.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a gauge but i just pushed down on Schroeder valve and hardly anything came out with engine off
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

That's not a valid test, please have it tested for accuracy so we don't waste each other's time. I'm trying to help you, and from what you just said, there is NO PRESSURE.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. I'm going to pick up a gauge. After I test it I'll get back to you....Thanks,Joe
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Great, please don't forget to rate me too and I can still assist you afterwards as well.

Thanks, Ron